The next update for the Einheitsdiesel Kfz.61 is here. As reported last time, I decided to drill holes for mounting the suspension parts. I used a 0.4 and 0.6 mm drill bit for this successively. Quite a bit of work as there are lots of holes to drill. In the end though I'm happy I did this as it made assembly quite a bit easier. In theory this would also help me align all six suspension arms so that the truck will stand on all its wheels when finished. Although that won't be such a big deal as I think I'll be able to hide eventual alignment issues in the groundwork... In the end it wasn't as easy as that though. In my previous post I already feared that my mounting of the suspension parts was slightly questionable. And when mounting the suspension arms this proved to be true. Below are some images of the completed suspension. To aid alignment I even made a makeshift jig of LEGO bricks to try and get the suspension as straight as possible. But as can be seen from the i
This blog is a continuation of my original website. It is devoted (mainly) to my plastic scale modelling activities.