Building a car Now that (almost) all the parts have been painted, it's about time to start assembling so that the jumble of parts I have lying around can finally start to look like a real car. After clearcoating the diffusor (again), the floor of the car was finally finished and ready to receive some parts. First up were the suspension parts. Where the glue had to be applied I scraped away the layer of paint to create the strongest bond possible. During curing of the glue I clamped the suspension parts to the floor. Next were the engine and driveshaft with rear differential. As a bit of practice object I gave these parts a slight wash made of oil-paints. I used black and brown oil paints. After the oil paints had dried for a few minutes, I used a Q-tip wetted with turpentine to soften the wash a bit. I'm actually quite happy with how the engine turned out and see a lot potential for future applications (yes, this was my first wash...). For the future I think I
This blog is a continuation of my original website. It is devoted (mainly) to my plastic scale modelling activities.