Skip to main content


Showing posts from May, 2020

Aston Martin DBS "James Bond" (Tamiya 1/24) - part 3

Work continues. Not as quick as initially promised. Which is explained in my previous post on my new hobby room . Another problem that has prevented me from making quicker progress is the fact that during the move I managed to drop the compressor. At first everything seemed all right (apart from a dent in the laminate flooring in the attic). But upon closer inspection the pressure regulator appeared to be damaged. So much so that I couldn't fix it myself, so I had to go find some help. Which was a bit of a challenge during the lock-down period. But in the end it was fixed, so time to get spraying. In my previous post on this kit I mentioned that it was time for primer. But before I committed to primer there were still some things to do which I (luckily) noticed before priming. One of those particular things was gluing an insert (part C16) to the rear lid on the body. On the real car there is no seam on the rear lid (as there is no insert on the real car). As I had already prepare

Citroën Xsara WRC - Francois Duval, ADAC Rallye Deutschland 2007 (part 2)

As promised, only a few days since the first part, here's the second part of this build. Once in a while I tend to keep a promise... As mentioned in the previous part I have been studying the manual to figure out what needs to be modified for this build. A few things were already shown in the previous part. Here I will discuss the other modifications I'm planning. This will be a nice exercise for when I'm going to build Gigi Galli's slightly beaten Xsara WRC from rally Portugal 2007... Renaissance transkit 24/96 contains a PE sheet with mesh sections for the vents in the hood and the main grille in the front bumper. Renaissance tells you to glue the mesh over the appropriate sections of the body. But I'm intending to remove the plastic and create some sort of box under/behind the openings to suggest depth. The body needs some parts removed and filled. The molded quick-release bonnet and boot pins need to be removed as they will be replaced with PE items. The holes

Citroën Xsara WRC - Francois Duval, ADAC Rallye Deutschland 2007 (part 1)

And off we go on another project. When modelling WRC subjects, you cannot ignore the Citroën Xsara WRC as it is some kind of legend. Especially in the hands of a certain French driver. That's why I have 3 Xsara kits in my stash. None of said driver, that is. But rest assured, he is also present in my WRC collection. With this particular build I'm going to build the car that Francois Duval drove so expertly to the runner-up spot in the 2007 ADAC Rallye Deutschland. Sadly, where the Citroën Xsara WRC is a bit of a legend, the same thing can not be said of the only injection moulded kit if the same car... As said, there's not much choice, as Heller is the only kit manufacturer for this car (although the same kit has also been released by Airfix and Italeri). For this build I'll be using Heller kit no. 80769. Let's just say,it's not a Tamiya kit... By far. For several reasons I chose this particular car because I like the livery and I like Francois Duval too beca

My new hobby room

Hi all As some of you might have noticed, I haven't actually held my promise of making quick progress on the Aston Martin project. Which doesn't mean that I've been totally inactive. For years I've been thinking about my hobby room and what to do with the temperature changes between summer and winter. Up until now the hobby room was situated in the attic. Although my hobby room is heated in the winter it can get quite chilly during the nights and mornings where in the summer it can get really hot. As in up to 35+ °C. Not ideal for me, but also not so good for the kits (especially the decals...). So I've decided to move my room and the kit stash to the cellar. The space is considerably smaller than in the attic, but the temperature and moisture is more constant, which should be good. Below are some pictures of my new hobby room (and (old) stash). To celebrate my new hobby room I've treated myself to a new airbrush. Important for me was to have an