Skip to main content

Witcher : EE finished

Back to normal?

Taking a break from my regular scale modelling related posts I'd like to share a memorable moment with my audience.

Yesterday evening I finally finished the PC game The Witcher: Enhanced Edition.

image source : IGN

I've been playing it on and off for several years and with the imminent release of the Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, I finally was motived enough to finish the first game.

As I'm not really into action games (actually, I more or less suck at action games) I regularly got stuck in the more action oriented sequences in this game.
I was more interested in the story that unfolds during the game, but to experience the whole story I had to get past the action sequences.
More than once I got stuck and the game was left lingering on my HDD without playing it for months or once even more than a year.
But with the hype and expectations surrounding the third and final game in the Witcher series I finally got to grips with the first game.

I had to resort to some tips found on the internet for the final chapter of the game, but had to do all the fighting myself nonetheless. Which went surprisingly well (once I knew what to do...).

Still from the cut-scene of the final fight. Jacques de Aldersberg gets it good !

Now the game is finished I can finally devote my limited free time again to modelling.
And it's about time too, the Corvette needs to be finished as it's been on the workbench for long enough now.

Or should I get gaming again on the Witcher 2: the Assasins of Kings instead?


Popular posts from this blog

Citroën Xsara WRC - Francois Duval, ADAC Rallye Deutschland 2007 (part 2)

As promised, only a few days since the first part, here's the second part of this build. Once in a while I tend to keep a promise... As mentioned in the previous part I have been studying the manual to figure out what needs to be modified for this build. A few things were already shown in the previous part. Here I will discuss the other modifications I'm planning. This will be a nice exercise for when I'm going to build Gigi Galli's slightly beaten Xsara WRC from rally Portugal 2007... Renaissance transkit 24/96 contains a PE sheet with mesh sections for the vents in the hood and the main grille in the front bumper. Renaissance tells you to glue the mesh over the appropriate sections of the body. But I'm intending to remove the plastic and create some sort of box under/behind the openings to suggest depth. The body needs some parts removed and filled. The molded quick-release bonnet and boot pins need to be removed as they will be replaced with PE items. The holes

Citroën Xsara WRC - Francois Duval, ADAC Rallye Deutschland 2007 (part 1)

And off we go on another project. When modelling WRC subjects, you cannot ignore the Citroën Xsara WRC as it is some kind of legend. Especially in the hands of a certain French driver. That's why I have 3 Xsara kits in my stash. None of said driver, that is. But rest assured, he is also present in my WRC collection. With this particular build I'm going to build the car that Francois Duval drove so expertly to the runner-up spot in the 2007 ADAC Rallye Deutschland. Sadly, where the Citroën Xsara WRC is a bit of a legend, the same thing can not be said of the only injection moulded kit if the same car... As said, there's not much choice, as Heller is the only kit manufacturer for this car (although the same kit has also been released by Airfix and Italeri). For this build I'll be using Heller kit no. 80769. Let's just say,it's not a Tamiya kit... By far. For several reasons I chose this particular car because I like the livery and I like Francois Duval too beca

Euro Model Expo 2015

Last weekend I went to the Euro Model Expo event in Heiden, Germany. The event was spread over 2 days. I visited on the first day, Saturday March 28th. Just like last year the location was packed with stands occupied by a good mix of vendors and modelling clubs. The quality of the models on show, it being on the club stands or the competition area, was once again very high. During the day members of the Belgian modelling club KMK-Scaleworld were giving demonstrations of several modelling techniques. I decided to visit the demonstration of Jeroen Veen who showed the public several aircraft painting and weathering techniques. For me, as a n00b on aircraft, it was a very interesting and entertaining demonstration and I hope to apply some of the techniques I saw to my coming build of the 1/48 Tamiya Lancaster I got waiting. It was also a nice occassion to talk to some fellow modellers. Amongst others I had a nice chat with Sascha Müller who had a stunning diorama of a Le M