Skip to main content

Interscale Stolberg 2017

Last weekend I opened my event season by visiting the Interscale Stolberg event.
The event was held for the third time this year and was once again located in the Zinkhütter Hof museum in the German village of Stolberg.

It's a rather small event. Several exhibitors and one vendor were present.
Because of the small scale of the event there's great opportunity to discuss all things modelling with fellow modellers.
I decided to bring the kids along for the event (for the first time). The small size being a good opportunity to gauge the interest with the kids.

Below is a selection of some images from the event.
More images can be found here.


Visiting an event without buying something is normally quite difficult for me. But this time I wasn't tempted, so I was about to leave empty handed.
My daughter (8 y.o.) thought otherwise. She was actually quite interested in the models and had spotted a small kit at the vendor which she would like to try.
Sensing an opportunity I bought the kit for her. Which was also a first for me. The kit she chose was an egg plane from Hasegawa. Something I had vowed would never enter my house...

Anyway.
Back home she immediately set to work cutting the parts from the sprues, glueing them together and waiting impatiently for the glue to dry so she could start painting the plane.
A successor has been found?


Popular posts from this blog

Euro Model Expo 2015

Last weekend I went to the Euro Model Expo event in Heiden, Germany.

The event was spread over 2 days. I visited on the first day, Saturday March 28th.

Just like last year the location was packed with stands occupied by a good mix of vendors and modelling clubs.

The quality of the models on show, it being on the club stands or the competition area, was once again very high.

During the day members of the Belgian modelling club KMK-Scaleworld were giving demonstrations of several modelling techniques.
I decided to visit the demonstration of Jeroen Veen who showed the public several aircraft painting and weathering techniques.

For me, as a n00b on aircraft, it was a very interesting and entertaining demonstration and I hope to apply some of the techniques I saw to my coming build of the 1/48 Tamiya Lancaster I got waiting.

It was also a nice occassion to talk to some fellow modellers.
Amongst others I had a nice chat with Sascha Müller who had a stunning diorama of a Le Mans pit stop on …

Corvette C5-R Compuware (part 2)

In the previous post I already mentioned that the moulds had seen better days as this is quite an old kit (original moulds seem to be from 2000/2001).
A direct result of the age of the moulds is the fact that the kit is based on the early version of the C5-R, more precisely on chassis no.'s C5R-001 to C5R-004.

The version of the car that can be build from this kit is the Le Mans 2003 version, being either chassis no. C5R-008 or C5R-009.

I found a lot of useful information on the C5-R on the this site.

I tried to highlight some (but not all) differences between the different versions of the C5-R below.

As can be seen are there quite a few challenges ahead if you want to build your Corvette as it raced at the 2003 Le Mans event.
I will try to rectify the most obvious differences, but won't be taking on all of them.
My original list of modifications was looking like this:
close the naca ducts (2).removing the louvres of the radiator outlet (3).increasing the radiator outlet open…

Corvette C5-R Compuware (part 17)

The interior has finally been finished.
Not without a few hiccups. I really wonder who decided on the building order... At the end of the instructions you're asked to mount the rear ARB. This sits on top of the rollcage and connects to the rear upper suspension arms.
For some reason though Revell has you attach the fuel cell/oil cooling ducts (at least I think they are) in step 11. And in the final step (19, for the interior that is) you're required to glue the rear ARB in place. To get this in place you must twist and turn the ARB part in between the cooling ducts and the roll cage. A bit fiddly, but it can be done.
It could have been done a lot easier though. A good lesson to never trust the building instructions, although in the end all came good.

With all the fiddling and fumbling around, paint has chipped off in several places due to the handling and/or the glue.
So before closing everything up I will have to wield the airbrush for a final time and respray a few details …